photo by fatty_cyp
The lovely August of The Fancier tagged me a few weeks ago and I'm finally ready to tackle the daunting task of exposing some (not all) of my many quirks & weirdities.
Sorry it has taken so long, but it's been an interesting few weeks. I found out that I'm losing my job, started the process of looking for a new job, blah, blah, blah.
Anyway, here are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers' blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
1. Creepy crawler phobia - No clue where this phobia comes from, but I am deathly afraid of people crawling and have been since I was little. That's right, creepy crawly people. I can tolerate babies crawling, but crawling kids or adults makes me want to crawl out of my skin (no pun intended). Of course, my little brother picked up on my fear many years ago & tortures me by randomly dropping down on all fours and crawling towards me. I've found that if I jump up onto a piece of furniture and pull up my feet, I'm safe.
2. Forever 12 - Whenever I meet someone new, they think I'm 12 years old. Well, maybe I've reached 16 by now, but either way I haven't graduated high school. I often wonder how old I will have to be before people think I'm an adult. I've been told that I will love this when I get older, but at 29 it would be nice to not be asked what high school I go to anymore.
3. Grammar freak - I am a stickler for grammar. There is nothing that irks me more than poor grammar (written and spoken). The mispronunciation that gets under my skin the most is "fustrated". There are TWO r's in the word people!
4. Squeezable - I love all animals (every type of animal in existence) and anytime I encounter a cute one, which is every living creature, I feel this overwhelming urge to pick him/her up and SQUEEZE. Not just a nice, gentle squeeze, but an "I'm going to squeeze the cuteness out of you" squeeze. It's really difficult for me to control this urge, but gritting my teeth seems to help.
5. Finger pain - Anytime I experience something really sad (the kind of sad that makes your heart hurt), a shooting pain runs down my arm and through my middle finger on my left hand. This odd phenomenon serves as my indicator of knowing when I'm deeply affected by something.
6. Just a tad o.c.d. - I have a thing with numbers. My alarm clock has to be set on a number ending in 4 or 9, preferably 54 or 49. The volume on the tv and stereos in the house & in my car has to be set on 9 or an even number. This is simply to try to avoid any bad luck.
1. 5 things in my bag - 4 different types of lip gloss, a hello kitty pencil case full of various sanrio pens & pencils, 2 flavors of tic tacs, portable navigation device (for when I get lost), and a change purse full of gift cards that I always forget to use.
2. 5 things I can't live without (besides my hubby, family, friends, air, water, food, etc) - white tees, rosebud salve lip balm, chai tea lattes, my favorite pair of jeans, and cameos.
3. 5 things on my to-do list - get a job that will give me Fridays off (a girl can dream), spend more time drawing, read Tolstoy, go to Paris with the hubby, and refinish my antique dresser.
These 6 fabulous blogs are some of my favorite reads & have been tagged:
1. Belle Maison
4. Please Sir