Monday, February 21, 2011

weekend haps

It was a rainy weekend here in So Cal & a long one for me, thanks to the holiday! The sun did peek through on Saturday, just long enough for my good friend Jeannie & I to enjoy the Racquet Club Estates Mid-Century Modern Homes Tour in Palm Springs. It was great fun!

This home was our favorite because of the incredible art collection both inside and outside & the textured wallcovering used in several rooms.

I fell in LOVE with this Frank Lloyd Wright Midway Garden Sprite, welcoming us as we walked up to this home. I've added the smaller version it to my wish list for our house.

I took advantage of the 3-day weekend and tackled our bookshelves. This is the before photo, the after photos are coming soon.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love it! I have to take a mid century home tour one of these days! Aren't those sprites beautiful? Amazing how delicate concrete can look. They have a garden of them at the Arizona Biltmore. Just an amazing piece of FLW work!

Dianna said...

Hi Linds! I took the plunge & purchased the 31" sprite for the backyard. I can't wait to receive it!